CFCArts’ UpBeat! Theatre Troupe is a performance group for teen and young adult exceptional learners. UpBeat! produces multiple performances each year, including both plays and musicals. UpBeat! is open to actors with a variety of exceptionalities, including (but not limited to) autism, Down syndrome, and ADHD.
Through the UpBeat! program, actors will have the opportunity to attend virtual small and full group rehearsals. Individual rehearsals (one-on-one) will also be available upon request. Currently, all rehearsals and performances happen from the comfort and safety of home through the use of video communication technology and video editing and production.
Spring 2021 Production – Beauty & the Beast
People with varying abilities share their talents through acting, dance, and song in a virtually filmed production. This season, we will perform the classic story of Beauty & the Beast. Join us for this unique virtual theater offering in partnership with the Down Syndrome Association! New students are always welcome and do not need to be located in Central Florida. Currently, we have students involved from three states! All new students will be invited to attend a brief one on one meeting with the director to access communication style, preferences, and best placement. All scripts are written in house and are tailored to the students who register.
- Virtual Rehearsals: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 6:30-7:30pm. (Schedule based on role and performer availability)
- Virtual Platform: Zoom
- Rehearsal Time Frame: March 4th – May 13th Thursdays (off for Spring Break)
- Filming Time Frame: Students will be filmed individually by appointment via Zoom May 14th – May 27th.
- Premiere: Beauty & the Beast! will premiere via Zoom party and immediately launch on YouTube on June 18th
- Tuition: $125 for Season (registration closes on February 18th)