What is Music Therapy?
Music therapy is a licensed and credentialed health profession that uses evidence-based research to design music interventions for people of all ages and abilities to meet non-musical goals in a non-threatening environment.
Music therapy goals work within some of the following domains such as : cognitive, communication, physical, emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual, to name only a few.
Music therapy interventions can be designed to reach non-musical goals such as: Managing Stress, Alleviating Pain, Expressing Feelings, Enhancing Memory, Improving Communication, Promoting Physical Rehabilitation, and Promoting Wellness
Our Music Therapy Program
We are proud to partner with AdventHealth to offer the first ever Music Therapy Program with our Board Certified Music Therapist, Ashley Lewis.
What our program offers:
- Development of psychometric tools designed to collect data from services
- Facilitating of group music therapy sessions
- Facilitating of individual music therapy sessions
- Overseeing of programs related to music therapy
- Consulting on programs working with vulnerable populations to identify best practices and behavioral management skills trainings
- Forming of partnerships and offerings of services to new facilities seeking music therapy
To find out more information please contact Ashley Lewis at email@example.com