Students in Grades PreK through 12 this school year: Join us for our Youth Theatre Companies and Jr. Troupe musical: Disney’s Aladdin Jr.!
Disney’s Aladdin Jr. is based on the 1992 Academy Award®-winning film and the 2014 hit Broadway show about the “diamond in the rough” street rat who learns that his true worth lies deep within.
The story you know and love has been given the royal treatment! Aladdin and his three friends, Babkak, Omar, and Kassim, are down on their luck until Aladdin discovers a magic lamp and the Genie who has the power to grant three wishes. Wanting to earn the respect of the princess, Jasmine, Aladdin embarks on an adventure that will test his will and his moral character. With expanded characters, new songs, and more thrills, this new adaptation of the beloved story will open up “a whole new world” for you!
There are three ways for students to participate onstage in Disney’s Aladdin Jr.:
Jr. Companies – All students in grades PreK-K and 1-2, performing in a couple of scenes and a magical pre-show! No audition required. Monday rehearsals only until tech.
Companies – Students in grades 3-5 and 6-12, playing various Ensemble and Featured roles. Auditions are encouraged but not required; everyone is welcome! Monday rehearsals only until tech.
Jr. Troupe – Selected students in grades 3-12, playing Supporting and Lead roles (Character descriptions and the script will be provided in advance.) Auditions required; everyone will be cast in either the Companies or Jr. Troupe! Rehearsals throughout the week as called.
Music Therapy Option (PreK-2)
For our Jr. Companies, we will be having a fully licensed, board-certified Music Therapist who will be meeting with a selected group of PreK-2nd grade students for the first half hour of the program. Using music, this Music Therapist will be teaching the students self-regulation techniques to deal with stress, aversions, and roadblocks to success that they may be having in the classroom. Students will then carry these interventions into the classroom for the remaining 45 minutes, with the Music Therapist available and floating between the classrooms to observe and help. The Music Therapist will also observe and meet with PreK-2nd grade staff members to assess and assist them with their classroom management and intervention skills as well!
Please select “YES” on the Music Therapy option on the Registration Form: Grades PreK-2 to indicate your interest in your student participating in this program. Note that it does not cost anything extra and will not change your student’s role in the show in any way! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
CFCArts is a Florida Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES, formerly Gardiner Scholarship) provider, and the FES can be used to cover program tuition! CFCArts scholarships are also available.
Important Dates & Times
How to Prepare for Auditions (Optional Grades 3-12)
- Fill out your student’s registration form.
- Headshots and resumes are encouraged (but not required) and can be emailed to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to your audition in PDF, JPG, or PNG format. If emailed late or in a different format, we may not be able to access your resume. Please do not bring hard copies to your audition.
- Prepare and memorize a 16 to 32-bar selection from a musical theatre song. Please do not sing selections from any version of Aladdin. Please bring sheet music with full piano accompaniment, three-hole-punched, double-sided, and in a three-ring binder. An accompanist will be provided. Tracks may not be used. Students may not sing a cappella (without accompaniment.) If you need assistance locating appropriate sheet music, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before your audition (but preferably sooner!) and we will help you.
- All auditioners will participate in cold readings from Disney’s Aladdin Jr. The script will be made available before auditions. Students do not need to memorize any part of the script or prepare a monologue.
- Please bring a water bottle. Food and gum are not permitted.
- Dance or athletic shoes required. No restrictive attire, open-toed shoes, flip-flops/sandals, heels, or skirts/dresses without leggings or shorts beneath.
- Auditions, as well as rehearsals, are closed to parents and other visitors. For safety reasons, only students and approved staff/volunteers are permitted.
- If your student would like some help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Private Lessons in audition prep covering acting, voice, and/or dance coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact email@example.com to register!
- Students may choose to attend our Audition Prep Workshop on Wednesday, March 1, 5:30-7:30 PM. Students will gain familiarity with the shows and characters, have the opportunity to participate in a mock acting audition and receive feedback, and participate in a Q&A session with casting staff. You can register your student for the Audition Prep Workshop on their Registration Form: Grades 3-12 and use the links below to pay. We offer a sibling discount for this workshop!
Mar 1 | Audition Prep Workshop (Optional Grades 3-12)
Want to audition for the Jr. Troupe - Supporting and Lead roles? Students in grades 3-12 may choose to attend our Audition Prep Workshop, Wednesday, March 1 from 5:30-7:30 PM. Students will gain familiarity with the shows and characters, have the opportunity to participate in a mock acting audition and receive feedback, and participate in a Q&A session with casting staff. We offer a sibling discount for this workshop!
Mar 3 - 4 | Auditions (Optional Grades 3-12)
Auditions will take place on March 3-4 (callbacks for selected students March 5) at First Congregational Church of Winter Park (225 S Interlachen Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789) and are fully optional for Grades 3-12. (Students in Grades PreK-2 may not audition in advance.) These auditions will determine the lead and supporting roles for our Jr. Troupe as well as featured roles for our Companies. Auditions are for placement only – there’s a role for all actors in this production!
If your young actor wishes to participate without auditioning, that is completely fine! You will be able to note that preference on your student’s registration. We are happy to find a place in this production for your young performer, even if they are audition-shy!
Audition blocks are listed below, and you can select which one your student will attend on your student’s registration form. Students must stay for the duration of their audition block.
Block A – Friday, March 3, 5:30-8 PM
Block B – Saturday, March 4, 9:30 AM-12 PM
Block C – Saturday, March 4, 1-3:30 PM
Block D – Saturday, March 4, 4-6:30 PM
Callbacks will be held for selected students on Sunday, March 5, sometime between 2-6 PM. Students will be informed of their callback status and exact call time by email no later than 10 PM on Saturday, March 4.
Mar 5 | Callbacks (Audition Follow-Up)
Mar 20 - May 1 | Rehearsals (Required)
All students will rehearse on Mondays at First Congregational Church of Winter Park (225 S Interlachen Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789) from March 20 to May 1. Rehearsals will take place at the following times:
- Jr. Company (Grades PreK-2): 5:15-6:45 PM (check-in from 5-5:15 PM, 1.5 hours of rehearsal)
- Company and Jr. Troupe (Grades 3-12): 5:30-7:30 PM (check-in from 5:15-5:30 PM, 2 hours of rehearsal)
- Jr. Troupe students may be asked to stay as late as 8 PM some Mondays.
Jr. Troupe students will also rehearse on an as-called basis on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Fridays at First Congregational Church of Winter Park (225 S Interlachen Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789) from March 21 to May 5 anytime between 5:30-8 PM.
Important things to note for Jr. Troupe rehearsals:
- Not every Jr. Troupe student will be called to every rehearsal! A full rehearsal schedule will be released after auditions. The number of rehearsals required will depend on the size of your student’s role.
- All Jr. Troupe students should plan to attend rehearsal on Tuesday, May 2 for a read-through as well as every Monday rehearsal as listed above and of course, all tech and dress rehearsals as listed below.
May 8 - 11 | Tech & Dress Rehearsals (Required)
Tech and dress rehearsals will take place at the following days and times at Trinity Preparatory School (5700 Trinity Prep Ln, Winter Park, FL 32792):
Jr. Company (Grades PreK-2):
- Monday, May 8, 5:30-7:30 PM
- Thursday, May 11, 5:30-8 PM
Companies (Grades 3-12, Ensemble and Featured):
- Monday, May 8, 5:30-8 PM
- Tuesday, May 9, 5:30-8:30 PM
- Wednesday, May 10, 5:30-9 PM
- Thursday, May 11, 5:30-9:30 PM
Troupe (Grades 3-12, Lead and Supporting):
- Monday, May 8, 5:30-9 PM
- Tuesday, May 9, 5:30-9:30 PM
- Wednesday, May 10, 5:30-9:30 PM
- Thursday, May 11, 5:30-10 PM
All cast must attend all their scheduled tech and dress rehearsals and performances or they will not be able to perform.
May 12 - 13 | Performances (Required)
Performances will take place on Friday, May 12 at 7 PM, and Saturday, May 13 at 2 PM and 7 PM at Trinity Preparatory School (5700 Trinity Prep Ln, Winter Park, FL 32792.)
See below for show day schedules:
- Friday, May 12, 5:30 PM call time, 7 PM performance, estimated end time between 8-8:30 PM
- Saturday, May 13, 12:30 PM call time, 2 PM performance, estimated end time and dinner break start between 3-3:30 PM
- Saturday, May 13, 5:30 PM call time, 7 PM performance, estimated end time around 8-8:30 PM
- All Jr. Troupe and Companies students in grades 6-12 must stay for strike until latest 10 PM
- All Jr. Companies students as well as Companies and Jr. Troupe students in grades 3-5 are released following the performance end time as soon as their personal costumes are neatly hung and dressing rooms are clean
All cast must attend all their scheduled tech and dress rehearsals and performances or they will not be able to perform.
Click here to meet the Aladdin Jr. staff!
Tuition for all performers is as follows: (scholarships and payment plans available; see below.)
- Jr. Companies (All Grades PreK-2): $150, click to pay
- Elementary, Middle and High School Company (Grades 3-12, Featured and Ensemble Roles): $175, click to pay
- Jr. Troupe (Grades 3-12, Lead and Supporting Roles): $200 (A link will be sent to those accepted after auditions)
There are four ways to cover tuition:
- Complete the tuition payment in full via the links above (Jr. Troupe will receive a link following auditions for those selected) or by mailing a check (made out to CFCArts) to PO Box 720517 Orlando, FL 32872 (please email firstname.lastname@example.org once check is posted; checks cannot be accepted at rehearsals.) Payment is due no later than Friday, March 17.
- Reach out to email@example.com to set up a tuition payment plan of three installments. The first installment will be due no later than Friday, March 17, the second installment no later than Monday, April 17, and the third and final installment no later than Monday, May 8. Students must have tuition paid in full to perform in the production. Installment payments may be made online or by mailing a check (made out to CFCArts) to PO Box 720517 Orlando, FL 32872 (please email firstname.lastname@example.org once check is posted, and be sure to set up your payment plan with us first.)
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application no later than Friday, March 17 to be considered for a need-based scholarship for this program. Any remaining balance for your student’s tuition will be due no later than Monday, May 8. Students must have their remaining tuition balance paid in full to perform in the production. Payment of the remaining balance may be made online or by mailing a check (made out to CFCArts) to PO Box 720517 Orlando, FL 32872 (please email email@example.com once check is posted.)
CFCArts is a Florida Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES, formerly Gardiner Scholarship) direct pay provider, and the FES can be used to cover program tuition. Simply email your student’s FES ID number to us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 17 and we will invoice FES for the amount of the program tuition.