In February of 2011, Central Florida Community Arts kicked off the first part of its five-tiered vision with the Central Florida Community Choir. Since that time, the choir has grown to over 400 voices in upwards of five different styles of choirs who have performed full concerts. Themes have run the gamut from patriotic, to Christmas, to classical, to Broadway, to gospel, to Disney, to 60s, and 70s! Choir members have the opportunity to give back to the community by performing for over 100 nonprofit organizations at no cost! Our organization is community-based and our choir is non-auditioned, so anyone age 18+ can join.
For this Fall 2017 Season we are inviting performers ages 18 and up to join!
Here are the choir opportunities currently available for the Fall 2017 concert season:
About the Directors
Joshua earned a B.A. Degree in General Education/Music at Palm Beach Atlantic University and has been a Worship Pastor, Fine Arts Director and Executive Producer of Central Florida Christmas Celebration. He has lead adult and youth choirs and orchestras with memberships exceeding 300 and has been a producer, director, vocal coach and clinician in many of his ministry and educational roles. Joshua was employed by Walt Disney World for 5 years, most recently as an entertainment leader. He is an arts consultant and a member of Leadership Orlando, Central Florida Partnership, Young Nonprofit Professional Network and a Member Partner of Visit Orlando.
A Native Floridian, Brandon began singing and playing piano at a young age. He was a member of the Bach Festival Children’s Choir. He directed his first choir at age 15 and has continued to direct choirs and ensembles since. He was an All-State Musician in 2003 and graduated from Seminole State College, where he studied Music. He currently works in Entertainment at Walt Disney World.
A graduate of UMKC Conservatory of Music, Kevin has led choirs and orchestras, music camps and conferences all over the nation. His company, Harrisland Studios, provides voice coaching and training, song writing, arranging and production. He is the Music Minister for Windermere Union Church and a sub for Voices of Liberty at Walt Disney World. His philosophy is that music is a special gift that binds us together, touches our soul and helps us become one family.
Dr. Jeffery Redding is Director of Choral Activities at West Orange High School, Winter Garden, Florida. Under his leadership, West Orange choirs have performed at state, regional, and national conventions.
Dr. Redding is a member of ACDA, FMEA, FVA, and Chorus America. In the Florida Vocal Association, he served as District 8 Chairperson. In the American Choral Directors’ Association, he served as State Repertoire and Standards Chair for Ethnic Music and Multicultural Affairs as well as co-chair of the Florida ACDA Mixed Honor Choir.
Dr. Redding holds an M.M.E. from Florida State University and a B.S. in music education from Florida A&M University, and most recently completed a Ph.D. in Choral Conducting, Music Education from The Florida State University.
Fall Community Choir Season
Once Upon A December
This December, CFCArts presents the 330-voice Central Florida Community Choir and Symphony Orchestra as they present an all-new holiday performance, “Once Upon a December.” Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and relive some of your favorite traditions, songs, stories and moments all wrapped into one evening. Whether it’s an office Christmas party, a religious service or a trip to the mall, there’s something for us all to celebrate as we invite you to make CFCArts part of your holiday season!
- Dates: December 7 & 8, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Northland, A Church Distributed, 530 Dog Track Road, Longwood, FL 32750
- Kick-off: Monday, August 28 at 7 p.m. at Central Christian Church, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando, FL 32804
- Rehearsals: August 28 – December 7, 2017 (choose Mondays or Tuesdays)
- Monday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. at Central Christian Church, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando, FL 32804
- Tuesday evenings (starting September 12) from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Lukes United Methodist Church, 4851 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32819
- Community Choir Dues: $125
Leading Ladies: Showstoppers
The CFCArts Women’s Ensemble returns for an evening of music, laughter and unforgettable moments that will leave you wanting more. “Leading Ladies: Showstoppers” will feature iconic moments from both stage and screen including “Wicked,” “Evita” and “Hairspray,” as well as some more intimate moments from their classical repertoire. This is a not-to-miss event!
- Show Date: November 17, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- Performance Location: Central Christian Church, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando, FL 32804
- Kick-off: Thursday, August 31 at 7 p.m. at Central Christian Church, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando, FL 32804
- Rehearsals: August 31 – November 9 every Thursday evening from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Central Christian Church, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando, FL 32804
- Women’s Ensemble Dues: $100
- Women’s Ensemble + Community Choir Dues: $155