Audition Information –
There will be four audition blocks at various times on Friday, January 10 and Saturday, January 11 plus callbacks for selected students on Sunday, January 12. Please see the Schedule below for times, and Callback Information below.
Auditions are required for all students in Grades 3-8 and for students in Grades 9-12 desiring a featured role, but not required to be a part of the ensemble for Grades 9-12, although encouraged.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Audition/Callback Dates and Times
Block A – Thursday, January 9, 5-8 PM
Block B – Friday, January 10, 5-8 PM
Block C – Saturday, January 11, 1-4 PM
Block D – Saturday, January 11, 5-8 PM
Block E – Video auditions (Not recommended)
Callbacks (for The Sound of Music featured roles only) – Sunday, Jan. 12, 1-6 PM (Students may be released early)
Auditions and callbacks will be at Calvary Orlando, 1199 Clay Street, Winter Park in the Calvary Kids building (Click here for a map of Calvary Orlando – the Calvary Kids building is #2 on map)
What to bring, prepare, and know for your audition:
- Auditioners will be emailed an audition form once they have signed up for an audition block. Audition forms can also be found in the Forms section below. Please bring this form completed in its entirety to your audition. Headshots and resumes are encouraged.
- Auditioners will be emailed a conflict form once they have signed up for an audition block. Conflict forms can also be found in the Forms section below. Please bring this form completed in its entirety to your audition. All conflicts with the production schedule below must be fully and completely disclosed at or before the time of audition.
- Prepare and memorize a 16 to 32-bar selection from a musical theatre song in the style of the show. Please do not sing selections from The Sound of Music or popular music.
- Please bring sheet music, three-hole-punched, double-sided, and in a three-ring binder. An accompanist will be provided. Tracks may not be used.
- Please bring a water bottle. Mess-free, nut-free snacks are permitted to be eaten during breaks only. Gum is not permitted.
- Please wear proper attire for a dance audition. Dance or athletic shoes required. No restrictive attire, open-toed shoes, flip-flops/sandals, heels, or skirts/dresses without leggings or shorts beneath.
- Please review the Characters section below for a list of character descriptions and vocal ranges.
- No monologue is required. All auditioners will participate in cold readings from the script, and will be provided with access to the script prior to auditions (See below.)
- Auditions, as well as callbacks and rehearsals, are closed to parents, family members, and other visitors. For safety reasons, only students and approved staff/volunteers are permitted.
We highly encourage all students to audition in person. However, if absolutely necessary, students may request to send in a video audition by emailing email@example.com. All video auditions must be approved ahead of submission by the CFCArts Education staff.
Video auditions are due by 8 PM on Friday, January 10 and, again, must be approved AHEAD OF TIME by the CFCArts Education staff. Video auditions must be emailed as a video file (attachment or Google Drive, or a link to a video-hosting website such as YouTube) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video auditions must contain:
- Students singing a memorized 16 to 32-bar selection from any musical theatre song with live or track accompaniment. (Please do not sing selections from The Sound of Music or popular music, and please do not sing over recorded vocals.)
- Students performing a short dance selection from The Sound of Music. A demonstration video and accompaniment track will be emailed to all video auditionees by Wednesday, January 8 at 5 PM.
- Students performing 1-3 short, age-appropriate monologues from The Sound of Music, which need not be memorized. A selection of monologues from which to choose for both male and female students of various ages will be emailed to all video auditionees by Wednesday, January 8 at 5 PM.
If for any reason a video auditionee will not have access to internet Wednesday, January 8 to Friday, January 10 and needs the above materials ahead of time, please contact us ASAP at email@example.com.
For new families – fill out an interest form, and our Education Administrator will contact you, talk you through the process, and get your child set up for an audition.
For returning families – Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an audition time slot.
Do you have any questions? Email email@example.com or call 407-937-1800 extension 719. We would love to have you join us!
Callbacks will be held on Sunday, January 12, from 1-6 PM at Calvary Orlando, 1199 Clay Street, Winter Park.
Auditioners will be informed via email about whether or not they are invited to callbacks no later than 10 PM on Saturday, January 11.
For audition preparation, consider taking an Audition Workshop! This 2-hour workshop will train young performers in the art of the audition. Participants will quickly gain high-level skills in audition preparation, along with helpful tips and tricks to help get the role of your dreams. Perfect for rising stars preparing for future auditions and productions!