Auditions for our Young Artists Orchestra Ensembles are open through Wednesday, September 2 for students entering Grades 3 through 12 this school year. All auditions will be done virtually for these Ensembles.
How to prepare: If your student would like some help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Virtual Private Lessons in audition prep covering instrumental coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact Academy@cfcarts.com to register!
How to register: Please follow these steps to register your student.
- Please register for a video audition by filling out the Virtual Audition Form.
- Students new to CFCArts will need to fill out the CFCArts Membership Application.
- Please note the following requirements to register:
- Minimum of one year of experience on chosen instrument.
- Must possess basic to advanced music reading skills.
- Must own or rent an instrument to play.
Once your student is registered for a video audition, you may submit their audition materials (see below) and will be sent Fall 2020 paperwork via DocuSign to your email. Students will be notified of their ensemble placement no later than Friday, September 4.
How to audition: Please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday, September 2nd.
- Video of your student performing two short contrasting excerpts (one fast and one slow.)
- Video of your student performing a 2-octave scale of the students’ choice for all instruments except bass.
- If possible, PDF or pictures (.JPG/.JPEG, .PNG) of your student’s chosen sheet music for their contrasting excerpts.
- All Fall 2020 Children and Youth Arts Program forms will be sent to your email via DocuSign after completing the Virtual Audition Form.
How to submit: Video auditions and associated materials may be submitted through Wednesday, September 2.
- Video auditions must be emailed as one or multiple video files (email attachment or Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, iCloud, or a link to a video-hosting website such as YouTube) to email@example.com.
- Paperwork for the Fall 2020 season will be sent and completed virtually via DocuSign. After completing the Virtual Audition Form, we will send the paperwork to your email! If you are having issues submitting your video or attachments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you!