Auditions will take place March 2021 (TBD) and are fully optional for Grades 3-12. (Students in Grades PreK-2 may not audition in advance.) These auditions will determine speaking roles, solos, and featured dance parts.
Auditions are only for the in-person Companies. Virtual participants need not audition!
Auditions are for placement only – there’s a role for all actors in this production!
If your young actor wishes to participate without auditioning, that is completely fine! You will be able to note that preference on your student’s Registration Form. Although the Registration Form is not yet available, you can pre-register your student by emailing email@example.com and paying the registration fees here.
We are happy to find a place in this production for your young performer, even if they are audition-shy!
Although the Registration Form is not yet available, you can pre-register your student by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and paying the registration fees here.
How to prepare:
- Fill out your student’s Registration Form. Although the Registration Form is not yet available, you can pre-register your student by emailing email@example.com and paying the registration fees here.
- Headshots and resumes are encouraged as well, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not bring hard copies to your audition.
- Prepare and memorize a 16 to 32-bar selection from a musical theatre song. Please do not sing selections from Moana.
- Please bring sheet music, three-hole-punched, double-sided, and in a three-ring binder. An accompanist will be provided. Tracks may not be used. Students may not sing a cappella (without accompaniment.)
- Please bring a water bottle. Mess-free, nut-free snacks are permitted to be eaten during breaks only. Gum is not permitted.
- Please wear proper attire for a dance audition. Dance or athletic shoes required. No restrictive attire, open-toed shoes, flip-flops/sandals, heels, or skirts/dresses without leggings or shorts beneath.
- No monologue is required. All auditioners will participate in cold readings from Disney’s Moana Jr. The script will be emailed to all auditioners at least two days prior to the auditions.
- Auditions, as well as rehearsals, are closed to parents, family members, and other visitors. For safety reasons, only students and approved staff/volunteers are permitted.
- Research the production to gain an understanding of what roles you may be best suited to in this production.
- If your student would like some help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Virtual Private Lessons in audition prep covering acting, voice, and/or dance coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact Academy@cfcarts.com to register!