Auditions for A Christmas Carol are open through Thursday, October 15 for students entering Grades 3 through 12 this school year. (If your student does not wish to audition, bypass this step by emailing email@example.com with your student’s name, age, and grade level.) Students in Grades PreK-2 can simply register using the Virtual Registration Form. All auditions will be done virtually for this show, and auditions are for placement only – there’s a role for all young actors in this production! Callbacks may be arranged via Zoom on an as-needed basis.
How to prepare:
Join us for a virtual Audition Workshop on Monday, October 12 at 5:30 PM to help your student prepare! Our Director of Education, Leah Porrata, and some of our artistic staff will be present for this workshop and will help each student understand how to successfully create and submit their audition materials, as well as answering any questions your family may have. Tuition is $15 per student (scholarships available.) To sign up for the virtual Audition Workshop, please do the following:
- Complete the tuition payment of $15 per student in full via PayPal , or by mailing a check (made out to CFCArts) to PO Box 720517 Orlando, FL 32872 (please email firstname.lastname@example.org once check is posted.)
- If needed, complete the Scholarship Application to be considered for a scholarship for this workshop. If your student would like some further help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Virtual Private Lessons in audition prep covering acting, voice, and/or dance coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact Academy@cfcarts.com to register!
How to register:
Please follow these steps to register your student.
- Please register for a video audition by filling out the Virtual Audition Form. (If your student does not wish to audition, bypass this step by emailing email@example.com with your student’s name, age, and grade level.)
- Since all students will be cast, families should complete tuition payment and/or scholarship application. See “Tuition” section above for amounts and the four ways you can cover tuition.
- Students new to CFCArts will need to fill out the CFCArts Membership Application.
Once your student is registered for a video audition, you may submit their audition materials (see below) and will be sent Fall 2020 paperwork via DocuSign to your email. If a callback is requested, you will be contacted by Friday, October 16 at 10 AM. Students will be notified of their casting no later than Saturday, October 17.
How to audition:
Please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 15.
- Video(s) of your student performing 1 or 2 monologues. 30 to 60 second monologues from theatrical productions are recommended. Click here for a list of monologues that your student may use if desired; however, any monologues are acceptable!
- Video of your student singing a memorized 16 to 32-bar selection (30-45 seconds) from any musical theatre song with live or track accompaniment. (Please do not sing selections from popular music or film music, and please do not sing over recorded vocals.)
- Video of your student performing choreography/dance. This can be a short selection from a previous production, dance recital, or recorded specifically for this virtual audition.
- All Fall 2020 Children and Youth Arts Program forms will be sent to your email via DocuSign after completing the Virtual Audition Form.
How to submit:
Video auditions and associated materials may be submitted through Thursday, October 15. Students who auditioned for the TYA Play Festival in August only need to submit audition elements that they did not already submit (for instance, dance and singing videos if not previously submitted.) However, any student may submit a new audition if desired!
- Video auditions must be emailed as one or multiple video files (email attachment or Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, iCloud, or a link to a video-hosting website such as YouTube) to email@example.com.
- Headshot/picture and resume (optional) must be submitted as .PDF, .JPEG/.JPG, and/or .PNG files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paperwork for the Fall 2020 season will be sent and completed virtually via DocuSign. After completing the Virtual Audition Form, we will send the paperwork to your email!
If you are having issues submitting your video or attachments, please email us at email@example.com and we can help you!