Great theater is made by being present in the moment. That, at its core, is what mindfulness is. Join Central Florida Community Arts (CFCArts) Teaching Artist Garin Jones for this unique and artistic workshop grounded in mindful moments and expression. This virtual program features a blend of drama and meditation exercises that will encourage you to engage with theater in meaningful ways. You’ll begin by discussing and performing scripts, then explore a guided meditation related to the material.
Click Here to Sign Up
By participating in this program, you can expect to:
- learn and practice a basic meditation.
- analyze theatrical excerpts for deeper meaning.
- practice theatrical exercises and basic performance techniques.
This program is presented by Garin Jones and is hosted by the Winter Park Health Foundation in collaboration with CFCArts.
How to join the Zoom Program:
Upon registration for this program, you will receive two emails:
- • One email from Eventbrite: you can either disregard this email or save it for your records. No action needed with this message.
- One email from the Center for Health & Wellbeing: this email will contain your link to join the Zoom meeting. Simply select the link and the Zoom Meeting will launch. Please allow yourself five – 10 minutes before program start to launch Zoom and confirm your technology is properly working.
All CHWB Digital Education Programs are now presented with live captioning service. Please refer to your registration confirmation email for instructions on enabling live captions.
By participating in this program, you agree to the CHWB’s Gracious Space policy. Unless otherwise noted, all CHWB Digital Education programs hosted via Zoom are recorded and made available for on-demand viewing on WellbeingNetwork.org. If you prefer to be left out of the program’s recording, please leave your camera and microphone off for the duration of the program.
About the Program Presenter
Garin Jones has performed various roles at Disney over the last 10 years and meditated his entire adult life. Both skills have been instrumental in his growth as a partner, father and person. There’s no wrong way to meditate, unless you aren’t having fun. That’s why he loves this blend of theater and mindfulness. It’s an opportunity to explore how everything can be meditation and how that fact can enrich your experience.