Video Auditions – Advanced Performance Camp, Alice in Wonderland
How to prepare:
- If your student is in need of help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Virtual Private Lessons in audition prep covering voice, dance, and/or acting coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact Academy@cfcarts.com to register!
How to register:
- Please register for a video audition by emailing your student’s name and grade level for the 2020-21 school year to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students new to CFCArts will need to fill out the CFCArts Membership Application as well.
- As a reminder, students must be entering Grades 3-8 for the 2020-21 school year to be eligible for this camp. Students entering Grades 1-2 for the 2020-21 school year may still participate in this production as a part of our non-auditioned 2-week Jr. Performance Camp. Email your student’s name and grade level for the 2020-21 school year to email@example.com to begin your registration for the Jr. Performance Camp.
- Once your student is registered for a video audition, you may submit their paperwork and video(s) and students will be accepted on a rolling basis through June 2020 (see below for details.) Spots will be filled first by ability level, and then by submission date.
How to submit:
- Video auditions and associated paperwork may be sent through June.
- Video auditions must be emailed as one or multiple video files (email attachment or Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, iCloud, or a link to a video-hosting website such as YouTube) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paperwork and, if desired, extra materials such as a headshot and resume must be submitted as .PDF, .JPEG/.JPG, and/or .PNG files. PDFs are preferred for the required paperwork.
- If you are having issues submitting your video or attachments, please email us at email@example.com and we can help you!
- Video of student singing a memorized 16 to 32-bar selection (30-45 seconds) from any musical theatre song with live or track accompaniment. (Please do not sing selections from popular music or film music, and please do not sing over recorded vocals.)
- Video of student performing choreography. Please review this instructional video (disregard the instructions listed below the video for submission) and record the student performing the dance. Students may either memorize the choreography and perform it without the video, or record themselves performing it while watching the video, but either way the choreography should be practiced!
- Video(s) of student performing 2-3 short monologues from Alice in Wonderland. Please review these monologues and select 2 or 3 to perform and record. These monologues can either be memorized or read, but either way they should be practiced!
- Completed and signed PDFs of the following forms: Audition Form, Release Form, and Participant Form. All forms can be found within the Google Drive Folder for this program. Resumes and headshots may also be submitted as .PDF, .JPEG/.JPG, and/or .PNG files if desired (not required.)
How to accept:
- Students will be accepted on a rolling basis through June 2020. Spots will be filled first by ability level, and then by submission date. Roles will not be assigned until after the first day of camp (July 6) as our staff will hold callbacks on that day, so students must be willing to accept any role.
- Our staff will reach out within 2 business days of your student’s video submission to let them know of their acceptance status. If accepted, we ask that our families confirm or deny their student’s spot within the cast within 2 business days of notification. If not accepted, feedback will be provided by our staff upon request through our firstname.lastname@example.org email address (please do not reach out to individual staff directly.)
- If accepted, students’ space in this camp and production is not confirmed or held until their $25 camp registration fee has been paid. Tuition payment links for partial and full tuition payments will be emailed out to students upon acceptance. Families may make payments in installments if desired, as long as the full tuition payment is made by Friday, July 17. Partial scholarships may be available and can be applied for via our Scholarship Application after a student’s acceptance into camp.
- This camp will take place virtually, the camp will be conducted via the Zoom video conferencing platform from 9-11:30 AM and 12-1:30 PM each day of camp, with a logged-out break for lunch from 11:30 AM-12 PM and at-home practice assignments. The performance will be conducted virtually and streamed.