Auditions for A Christmas Story, presented by The CFCArts Theatre
- CFCArts Theatre is holding auditions for by Philip Grecian’s holiday favorite, A Christmas Story!
- Directed by Dominic Del Brocco
- All roles are available and unpaid.
- Auditions will be held Monday, Oct 14th from 6:00pm-10:00pm **by appointment only**
- To schedule an appointment, email the CFCArts Theatre team at email@example.com. Please include your name, email address, and phone number.
- Please arrive prepared with a 1 to 1.5 min comedic skit or monologue in the style of the part you are interested in. Please provide a headshot and resume if available.
- Video submissions are accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. All video submissions must be received by 6:00 PM on October 14th for consideration.
- Callbacks will take place on Tuesday, Oct 15th from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm (Kids 6-8, Adults 8-10) unless otherwise specified.
- All callback candidates will be given a side to read and perform from with other actors.
- Performance Dates: November 22, 2019 – December 15, 2019
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SHOW DATES
- CFCARTS is committed to diversity in casting.
Ralphie Parker– age 9-14: Strong but with dry comedic timing. Thinks he’s older than he is. A 5th-grade boy who wants an Air Rifle for Christmas: specifically the Red Ryder Carbine Action BB Gun. He is a bright, mischievous, cute kid…someone you wouldn’t mind having as a next-door neighbor.
Ralph Narrator– Adult: Ralphie as an adult, and the narrator of the play. Clear radio type voice.
My Old Man– Adult: Ralphie’s father. Gruff and grumbling. Does the same motions every day. He ultimately gets Ralphie the Red Ryder BB gun.
Mother– Adult: Ralphie’s mother. She cares about him and is willing to conceal the truth of his fight from his father. Kind and loving Donna Reed type but with a little sass.
Dept store Santa– Adult: Not your traditional Santa character. Been in the “business” too long. Slightly impatient.
Miss Sheilds– Adult: Ralphie’s elementary school teacher. Discipline and stern.
Flick– age 9-14: A classmate and best buddy of Ralphie’s; Flick is the guinea pig in the flagpole licking experiment. The actor playing this role should be able to sustain and communicate with a serious lisp!
Schwartz- age 9-14: A classmate and best buddy of Ralphie; Schwartz becomes the scapegoat when Ralphie utters an unmentionable word.
Randy– age 7-12: Ralphie’s younger brother, he is cute, cuddly, lovable and whiny– like most baby brothers! He looks up to his big brother, tries to keep up with him. Always feeling left out.
Esther Jane-age 9-14: Female classmate. Wants to be with the rest of the kids.
Helen– age 9-14: Female classmate.
Skut Farkus– age 10- 15: Schoolyard bully. Kid with a bad attitude and always down for a fight or chase.