Auditions for The 39 Steps are January 7-9 for students entering Grades 3 through 12 this school year. (If your student is not old enough or does not wish to audition, please consider enrolling in our Youth Theatre Companies program’s productions of Rock On! or Disney’s Moana Jr. for Grades PreK-12.)
Callbacks will take place January 10 from 3-7 PM for students who are requested to attend. If a callback is requested, you will be contacted by January 9 at 10 PM by email. Students will be notified of their casting no later than January 11 at 10 AM by email.
Click here for a list of character descriptions!
Audition blocks are listed below, and you can select which one your student will attend on your student’s Registration Form.
- Block A – Thursday, January 7, 5-8 PM
- Block B – Friday, January 8, 6-9 PM
- Block C – Saturday, January 9, 9 AM-12 PM
- Block D – Saturday, January 9, 1-4 PM
- Block E – Saturday, January 9, 5-8 PM
How to prepare:
- Fill out your student’s Registration Form. Headshots and resumes are encouraged as well, and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not bring hard copies to your audition.
- If auditioning only for The 39 Steps, no sheet music or singing audition is required. Please see audition specifics for Rock On! and/or The Sound of Music if auditioning for more than one production, as a singing element is required for anyone wanting to be considered for a featured role in Rock On! and/or The Sound of Music.
- Please bring a water bottle. Mess-free, nut-free snacks are permitted to be eaten during breaks only. Gum is not permitted.
- Please wear proper attire for a dance audition. Dance or athletic shoes required. No restrictive attire, open-toed shoes, flip-flops/sandals, heels, or skirts/dresses without leggings or shorts beneath.
- No monologue is required. All auditioners will participate in cold readings from The Sound of Music and/or The 39 Steps, regardless of which production(s) they are auditioning for. The scripts will be emailed to all auditioners at least two days prior to the auditions.
- Auditions, as well as rehearsals, are closed to parents, family members, and other visitors. For safety reasons, only students and approved staff/volunteers are permitted.
- Research the production to gain an understanding of what roles you may be best suited to in this production.
If your student would like some help preparing for their audition, the CFCArts Academy is here to help with Virtual Private Lessons in audition prep covering acting, voice, and/or dance coaching! Lessons can be one-time (called “Flex”) or you can set up recurring lessons if you prefer. Contact Academy@cfcarts.com to register!