Youth Theatre Troupe
The Theatre Troupe is designed for performers who want to be a part of a full musical theatre production! Students in 3rd-12th grade may audition for this program, and the production is cast based on the needs of the show. The cast will have an intensive rehearsal process as they prepare for the show as well as learn skills they can use in a future musical theatre career. Directed by a talented team of theatre professionals, the performers will create a fully-produced Broadway style show, including costumes, sets, theatre lighting and sound.
The Theatre Troupe show for Fall 2017 is Shrek the Musical!
In the CFCArts Youth Theatre Troupe production of “Shrek: The Musical,” follow the hilarious tale of an unlikely hero who finds himself on a life-changing journey alongside a wisecracking donkey, a feisty princess and several other characters. With side-splitting songs and a moving message, “Shrek the Musical” proves that beauty is truly in the eye of the ogre.
- Auditions Saturday, August 12th, 9am-1pm at the CFCArts Central Campus: 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd, Orlando FL 32804
- Open to all performers, 3rd-12th grade
- Prepare 16-32 bars of audition music to be performed with the audition accompanist; no track or acapella auditions.
- Bring sheet music.
- Prepare a 30-60 second monologue – memorized.
- To sign up for an audition time, email email@example.com and you will be assigned a time slot.
- Callback auditions will be held on Saturday, August 19th from 9am-11am, and if call back, the performer must be available the entire time.
- If you have questions, please contact our admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-937-1800 ext 719.
- Rehearsals will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- There will be one Saturday rehearsal per month
- Cast members will receive a rehearsal schedule to see when they are called to rehearsal
- Season Dues – $180
- Tech Week: Nov 26th-Dec 2
- Shows: Dec 1 and 2
- For new families – fill out an interest form, and our Youth Programs Administrator will contact you, talk you through process, and get your child set up for an audition.
- For returning families – email email@example.com to sign up for an audition time slot.
- Do you have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-937-1800 Ext 719. We would love to have you join us!
Parent/Performer Info Night
- Monday, August 21st – 6pm-8pm
- 1199 Clay Street, Winter Park
- All families interested in learning about the programs or registering for the fall are invited to join us for this “open house” style event – meet the directors, learn about other opportunities, complete registration paperwork
Season Kickoff/First Rehearsal for Theatre Troupe
- Tuesday, August 29th
- 1199 Clay Street on the campus of Calvary Orlando
- Rehearsal: 6:00pm-8:00pm