Intro to Technical Theatre: Stage Management – This program is designed for high school students who are interested in the “behind-the- scenes” aspects of theatre. The focus of this program will be stage management, including managing rehearsals, schedules, writing a prompt book and working with designers (audio, lighting, costumes, set, etc). The semester will include weekly classes taught by the Sr. Director of Production and an assignment to one of the fall youth productions as a Jr. Stage Manager.
No experience is necessary to begin this class, but the student must have an interest in theatre, stage management and leadership.
The student must be willing to commit to two nights per week – the stage management class on Wednesdays evenings and one production rehearsal (Monday, Tuesday, OR Thursday evening). The production will be assigned to each student once the classes have begun based on the student’s availability.
- Classes will be held on Wednesday evenings at 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Each student will be assigned to a different CFCArts show based on their availability, andwill attend those rehearsals once a week.
- Students, upon successful completion of the class, will be listed as” Jr. Stage Manager” inthe show program and assigned stage management duties during that show’s productionweek.
- Program Tuition – $150 (can be made in payments)
- Final Class: Wednesday, Nov 1st
- For new families – fill out an interest form, and our Youth Programs Administrator will contact you and talk you through process.
- For returning families – email email@example.com to let us know that your teen will be joining this class for the fall season and complete registration by paying season dues.
- Do you have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-937-1800 Ext 719. We would love to have you join us!
Parent/Student Info Night
- Monday, August 21st – 6pm-8pm
- 1199 Clay Street, Winter Park
- All families interested in learning about the programs or registering for the fall are invited to join us for this “open house” style event – meet the directors, learn about other opportunities, complete registration paperwork
- Wednesday, August 30th
- 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd on the campus of Central Christian Church
- Class: 5:30pm-6:30pm