The Children and Youth Arts Program History
This program was designed to train and educate young performers, age 3 through 12th grade, to become skilled in the areas of singing, acting, and dancing through musical theater. Now in its 12th season, the Children and Youth Arts program has grown into an artistic community where each young performer is given the tools needed to become a successful, confident artist and the means to carry those skills throughout life.
We want to provide the young people of Central Florida with a place to use their artistic talents, as well as be a venue for our children and youth to learn the value of giving back to the community, through the gift of music. Performers will participate in community events throughout the season and the funds raised during each performance will help provide summer music camps and outreach programs to children in underserved areas of our community.
We offer several different programs to children and teens each season!
Registration for 2017 Summer Camps is now open!
- Under the Sea – 3-5 yrs old – June 19-23 OR June 26-30
- Acting Camp – 9th-12th – June 19-23
- Fairytale Fun – Kindergarten-2nd grade – June 19-23
- Disney Music Mania – 3rd-5th grade – June 26-30
- Broadway’s Rising Star – 6th-8th grade – July 10-14
- Young Artists Orchestra Camp – Age 7-18 – July 10-14
- Dance Intensive Camp – 5th-12th grade – July 10-14
- Broadway Bound: Triple Threat – 9th-12th grade – July 24-28
- MOVIE Mania Camps – 1st-5th grade – July 31-August 4
Each summer, CFCArts offers a variety of exciting summer camps to children and teens! From arts camps for our preschool children to musical theatre intensives for our teens, these camps are designed to meet the students where they are. A fun, encouraging environment allows youth to explore the performing arts, work with talented, professional directors and choreographers, make new friends, and grow as a performer. Registration is open for Summer 2017, but space is limited! Sign up today! Email email@example.com for more information.
- Seussical – the Musical full Broadway version – Grades 9th-12th
- Mulan Jr – Grades 6th-8th
- Honk Jr – Grades 3rd-5th
- Bugz the Musical – Kindergarten-2nd grade
- Jungle Time – Preschool
Spring 2017 Productions
Each spring and fall season, the children and teens of CFCArts perform in fully produced Broadway-style shows and original productions. Registration for Spring 2017 is closed, and registration for Fall 2017 will open May 31st.
Fall 2017 Productions
Season will be announced end of May 2017!
- Music and Movement – (3-5 year) “Jungle Time!”: These action-filled classes are perfect for preschoolers who are always exploring and learning. Children will sing, chant, move, dance, listen and play simple instruments. Each lesson features movement activities for coordination, body awareness and control, and exploration of space.
Great options for the child just beginning to discover the joy of music and performing!
- Offering multiple orchestras for instrumentalists of all ages and levels, the Young Artists Orchestra is designed to give young instrumentalists an educationally sound musical experience through exposure to quality musical literature and multiple performance opportunities. To visit our Young Artists Orchestra page, click here.
- Children’s Ensemble: This vocal group allows intermediate to advanced elementary students the opportunity to grow their vocal performance skills. Through rehearsal and performance, students explore how to strengthen and improve their own musical expression.
- Youth Ensemble: This class takes intermediate to advanced level male and female singers and explores harmonization and performance techniques as a group. Students will focus on learning new pieces and styles of music that will challenge and allow them to grow their vocal repertoire.
The Ensembles are audition-only programs designed for vocal performers with a strong background in singing who are interested in going to the next level in vocal performance. These groups perform regularly for community events and serve as the vocal ambassadors for the youth programs.
About the Directors
Katherine has been directing children’s musical theater since 2002 when she founded a performing arts program for Orlando Christian Prep. Since then, she has directed over 75 shows for multiple schools, churches and theaters and has taught music and drama to all ages of students; she has also been a performer and training coordinator at Walt Disney World. Katherine currently is the director of education and all youth programs for CFCArts.